OT: Surface-Mount Parts Repair

Gene Holmerud plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 19:10:51 -0700 (PDT)

--0-99788259-1051236651=:89095

Two other possibilities: Jameco http://jameco.com/ Apache Reclaimation & Electronics, about 3rd Av & Apache St (immediately north of Maricopa Fwy).  33 uf is a standard part, so I'm surprised Tri-Tek didn't have it. BTW, that stripe on one of the leads is very likely a polarity indication.  Just match the new one to the marking on the board. Gene

Don Calfa <tvat3000@netscape.net> wrote:I used to order all sorts of caps from digi-key. They have a web site
digi-key.com. Not too sure if they still stock alot of the weird stuff.

ed@flat5.net wrote:

> I need to replace a surface-mount part due to mechanical damage to the
>old one. It's on the processor board in a notebook computer. Markings on the
>itsby-bitsy little broken part (lead broken off) are "33-6" and a stripe next
>to one of the two connections. The board is marked "C33" and one connection
>is marked "+". The part is approximately 2x2x3 mm (maybe less).
> A couple of questions:
>1) I'm guessing this is a 33 ufd tantalum capacitor. Agree?
>2) Assuming I get a tiny-tip soldering iron, is this something a mere human is
>likely to be able to replace or would I be better off taking it somewhere
>(WHERE?) and letting someone else do it who has "the proper equipment?"
>3) Where in town can I find the part (I've already been to Fry's on
>Thunderbird and Tri-Tek Electronics on Peoria, both in the NW quarter of the
>Valley)? Apparently 33 ufd is larger than most places stock.
> TIA!

http://shopnow.netscape.com/

--0-99788259-1051236651=:89095

<DIV>Two other possibilities:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Jameco <A href="http://jameco.com/">http://jameco.com/</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Apache Reclaimation &amp; Electronics, about 3rd Av &amp; Apache St (immediately north of Maricopa Fwy).&nbsp; 33 uf is a standard part, so I'm surprised Tri-Tek didn't have it.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>BTW, that stripe on one of the leads is&nbsp;very likely a&nbsp;polarity indication.&nbsp; Just match the new one to the marking on the board.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Gene<BR><BR><B><I>Don Calfa &lt;tvat3000@netscape.net&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
--0-99788259-1051236651=:89095--