Linux install hangs on Initio SCSI card.

Vaughn Treude plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 19:58:13 -0400

Bryce,
I suppose that's a possiblity, and I have seen IDE controllers do just what
you're talking about.  I'm not sure why that would be a problem, because the
system has two CD's (one SCSI, one IDE) and I'm installing from the IDE CD.
I could dispense with the SCSI altogether but I hate to lose the Jaz drive.

But the plot thickens.  I wasn't totally honest about the
previously-installed Red Hat running "OK."  It runs for 2-3 hours, and then
hangs.  In the "messages" file, it says something like "Dazed and confused,
do you have an unsual power-saving mode enabled?"  I'm going to try turning
all the power-saving stuff off, and if not, I'll have to call the company.
These problems could be related, but probably not.  :-(

Thanks anyhow, I'll keep researching it.  Any other hints would be greatly
appreciated.

Vaughn

On the previously-installed Red Hat that still runs, the thing