Linux install hangs on Initio SCSI card.

Bryce C plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
23 Apr 2003 15:34:41 -0700

--=-pe6vyk5eNenyvf82Zhy4

Are you sure the mobo isn't switching resources around? My Albatron mobo
would switch the PCI IDE card and the onboard IDS controllers so
hda(onboard) became hde and the hde to hda.  I realize this is all PCI
but your mobo may be doing it with the scsi too.

On Wed, 2003-04-23 at 12:05, Vaughn Treude wrote:
> Hello all:
> I've just upgraded one of my systems with a Soyo KT333 Dragon Plus=20
> motherboard.  It runs OK in an existing Red Hat installation, but I was=20
> trying to install the newest Mandrake (9.1.)  This system happens to have=
 two=20
> SCSI devices (a CD and a Jaz drive) on an Initio-940 (or is it 941?) PCI =
SCSI=20