suggestions for 'value added services' on the plug website

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 17:57:47 -0700 (MST)

der.hans said:
> Am 17. Apr, 2003 schwätzte Steve Holmes so:
>
>> About this IRC stuff.  My experiences in the past with IRC seemed so
>> clunky and awkward.  I, in fact find IM to be much easier to use
>> thoughIM doesen't allow for very long messages, does it?
>
> I'm the opposite. I find irc convenient and only have problems if you
> have too many people participating. IM, however, is annoying and clunky.

Its really the 'style' of communication.  Best I can tell, IM is designed
for individuals to talk to individuals and talking as a group is the
'exception' (i.e. you have to do something special to form a group)

IRC is the opposite it is designed to be group communication and talking
to an individual is the 'exception'.  Based on the fact what we are
talkign about is more group than individual oriented, IRC is likely a
better medium (imho).

> Popups are evil. Pop-tarts are yummy. Don't mix them up :).

Pop-tarts can be evil too, specially when they catch fire in your toaster. ;)

-derek