suggestions for "value added services" on the plug website

Thu, 17 Apr 2003 17:35:34 -0700 (MST)

Am 17. Apr, 2003 schw=E4tzte Steve Holmes so:

> About this IRC stuff.  My experiences in the past with IRC seemed so
> clunky and awkward.  I, in fact find IM to be much easier to use
> thoughIM doesen't allow for very long messages, does it?

I'm the opposite. I find irc convenient and only have problems if you have
too many people participating. IM, however, is annoying and clunky.

Popups are evil. Pop-tarts are yummy. Don't mix them up :).

> Another tool that is handy for live speech and text chat (line at a
> time) is speak freely.  This is a GPL product that is peer to peer or
> can be used with a base component, called a reflector.  I've used it
> on another project and works great and does not require huge bandwidths.

Based on the description I'm not sure it would work for a 'chat room', but
it looks like something for us to be showing to business owners.

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  A Polish friend of mine got an offer for a free account from AOL. The
#  login ID was "HELLO" and the passwd "CYMBAL". She says "cymbal" is
#  Polish for "sucker". "Hello sucker" a greeting from AOHell :).