suggestions for "value added services" on the plug website

technomage plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 00:45:42 -0700

On Wednesday 16 April 2003 11:53 pm, Derek Neighbors wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 23:07, technomage wrote:

> Heaven's no Batman.  Java is satan's spawn.
>
> Try CGI:IRC ( http://cgiirc.sourceforge.net/ )
>
> You can see it in action here:
> http://ash.gnuenterprise.org/cgi-bin/irc-proxy/irc.cgi
ok, that can be worked, I guess.

> > 2. re-initiate a live streaming session (shoutcast) audio only from both
> > the east and west-side meetings and have feedback via irc for questions.
>
> This would be cool.  Would love it.  Use Gstreamer it works nicely. :)
something I didn't know about... next?

> > 3. hold an e-stammtisch on a moderated forum in irc (this is very
> > possible and will allow the "speaker" to make his point and at least
> > control some of the "off topic" commentary.
>
> This is an idea, but please can we move to real irc network instead of a
> lone box hanging off someone's broadband.  There are significant
> advantages to something like freenode.  Mainly its puts lots of
> 'experts' close at hand.  Someone comes to plug channel looking for an
> answer an no foo expert is around, we can point them to the foo channel
> for more direct response.
/sarcasm on
gee, thank you for your "support"!
/sarcasm off

if I had the funds to go to freenode, I wouldn't be running it off my
braodband. some of us live on less than $600.00 a month dude (and thats
BEFORE we pay the bills). Besides, there are a lot less politics going on
here than on places like freenode. also, this network is so small that most
script kiddies tend to avoid it.

> > there are a few other points, but I haven't digested them yet to post
> > here. I would like extra input (and place folks, do USE the server, thats
> > what its there for!).
>
> I think there are some cool Jabber to IRC gateways too for those that
> dont irc, but do IM.
IM is a wonderful tool, but I think its not exactly designed for what I have
in mind here....

Mage

- --
numbered!