CVS questions

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
14 Apr 2003 20:46:01 -0700

--=-+mSoQgzxAjxy3PxwkZzS

I believe dream weaver has a cvs plugin, but if the webmonkeys are on
windows the is a client that integrates directly with windows explorer
(the file browser not the internet exploder).  I want to say its called
tortoise or something similar...

windows explorer http://www.tortoisecvs.org/

windows client http://www.wincvs.org

linux client http://www.wincvs.org (gCVS)

At one time or another I tried linCVS and Pharmacy but didnt get either
to work too well.  It's hard to find something more efficient than the
command line when you are coding. ;)

On Mon, 2003-04-14 at 18:29, Carl Parrish wrote:
> I'm working on a project which is *badly* in need of version control. So
> of course I suggested CVS. The only problem here is that the graphic
> designers and the content people aren't comfortable with CVS from the
> command line. I know there are tons of GUI CVS clients out there but I
> have no idea which are good and which aren't Does anyone have any
> suggestions? Esp web tools that have a cvs plugin or such (these do not
> have to be free tools). The other snag is most of the development team
> is on Linux. Most of the graphic designers are on OSX, and most of the
> Content Developers are on Windoze. The developers are pretty comfortable
> from the command line so I don't *really* need a GUI for them. But the
> content and the graphic designers should have the same interface. What
> would be *perfect* for me (and I'll start googling now) is a plugin to
> dreamweaver that would allow me to use CVS.=20
>=20
> Any responses will be appreciated =20
--=20
Derek Neighbors