Internet sharing on linux

David A. Sinck plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 08:03:17 -0700

\_ SMTP quoth Rob Wultsch on 4/4/2003 01:18 as having spake thusly:
\_
\_ My home computer I have previously set for laptop to use as a gateway to
\_ the internet runs xp. My laptop now run debian, but will not allow my to
\_ surf the net through a crossover cable to the home computer. I can ping
\_ to the home computer from the laptop, but nothing beyond that.  To add
\_ more fun the laptop needs to be able to work on the lan that is at ASU
\_ (using dhcp).
\_
\_ My question is what do I need to change on the laptop in order to be
\_ able to surf the web. Help?

Experiment with this for a bit, then get back to us:

http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/Masquerading-Simple-HOWTO/summary.html

David