Solution - Re: PLUG-discuss digest, Vol 1 #3458 - CDR and RedCrap 8

Michael Vanecek plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 01 Apr 2003 17:05:11 -0600

Frustratingly enough, the solution ended up being pretty simple. The
worst battles always ends up with a simple solution it seems. I edited
/boot/grub/grub.conf and at the end of the kernel line I added:
hdd=ide-scsi - you'll want to replace hdd with whatever hd device your
cd ends up being alocated to.

I'm not sure if it made any difference or if RH would have done this
automatically and I'd undone everything else (I undo my changes when
they don't work) except for modules.conf, where I had typed this entry:

alias scsi_hostadapter ide-scsi

I haven't undone it now since things seem to be working - but you can
try not typing it and see if RH automatically enters it or works sans it.

RH8 automatically updates fstab (to my headache for a bit) and the /dev
files (again to my headache for a bit). Reboot and then run cdrecord
-scanbus and see if your recorder shows up in the list...

Have fun,
Mike