Digital Signing (Beat The Dead Horse) was Re: Free Software form$

Sun, 29 Sep 2002 16:05:19 -0700 (MST)

Am 25. Sep, 2002 schwätzte Dr. G so:

> That's right. Instead of showing the world that hey, we play fair, instead
> lets go ahead and do something like Microsoft would do! Refuse access to any
> MS product! Afterall, if you're not using linux 110% of the time on 110% of
> your pc's then you are nothing but a Microsoft fanboy and deserve to be
> censored!

I agree we shouldn't ban posts from m$ clients ( attachments from m$ clients
should be blocked at all routers, though :). Personally, I would like to ban
them, but it's not realistic and as you point out, it's exclusionary. It's
the kind of behavoir inspired by companies that use proprietary formats,
though...

> At least Microsoft has the intelligence to be tactful about some of the
> underhanded stuff they pull.

???

"you're running dr dos, we don't like dr dos, we're gonna crash now"

"hey, you started netscape. how dare you! we're gonna kill it now and might
crash just to punish you for being so insolent."

"we've moved the motor into the removable trailer hitch assembly, so you
can't remove the trailer hitch without breaking the car. in fact, we're
gonna move the whole thing into our proprietary, bloated trailer, including
the drivers seat, so you can't use someone else's trailer"

m$ is definitely not an example of good corporate behavior.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  Hope has two beautiful daughters: Anger and Courage. Anger at the way