which distro - Asbestos on!!!

Mike Starke plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 12:07:06 -0500

That is my impression as well.

-Mike

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 08:18:36AM -0700, Derek Neighbors wrote:
 On Thu, 2002-09-26 at 22:10, Mike Starke wrote:
 > Do we have any statistics supporting a statement
 > that most of the group runs Debian. Not that I mind,
 > it's been my sole OS for more than 3 years; I was just
 > wondering what the numbers were.

 For clarification, I dont think much of the LUG runs it.  When I first
 started coming to meetings the only person on list or in person I could
 find that would 'admit' to liking it was Hans.

 I think it just happens to be that recently quite a few people have
 tried it and that those that answer a lot of questions here and are
 active really like Debian and so talk about it a lot.

 I think if we did active inventory of machines of all plug users less
 than 10% actually run Debian.  Most are probably Mandrake/Red Hat.

 --
 Derek Neighbors
 GNU Enterprise

 Was I helpful?  Let others know: