Signing attempt

Shawn Rutledge plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 12:26:05 -0700

--yAzUYvkKIfeS0jQX

On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 11:59:50AM -0700, Voltage Spike wrote:
> On Thursday, September 26, 2002, at 10:35 AM, Shawn Rutledge wrote:
> >'Course, mutt has the opposite condition... handles these signed
> >emails wonderfullly but I have to hit a few extra keys to view HTML.
> >They ought to just display the output of w3m -dump perhaps, instead
> >of requiring me to open the attachment in w3m explicitly.
>=20
> I wish someone would help him out here.  I use KMail and OS X Mail most =
=20
> of the time, but back in the ASU days I used pine and mutt quite a bit. =
=20
>  I know that I am being lazy, but I never learned how to set up =20
> handling for additional MIME types.  I would have to assume that it is =
=20
> possible since some MIME types were configured by default.

Sure, that's what happens when you open an attachment... I know how to
configure MIME.  As I said, it opens up the attachment in w3m, after I
v)iew the attachments and then hit enter on the HTML one.  But I
shouldn't have to do that; it should display the HTML inline.  Of course
then the links would be "dead"; if you need interactivity, you need a
real browser session.

It's only a minor gripe, but enough that often I just delete HTML mails
like these OE guys are deleting signed ones.  And it's really the same
sort of problem.  A usability problem, not a real show-stopper.

Yes I could use a graphical email client but I like to read email from
work over an ssh session.  X is too slow and insecure.  I could use=20
VNC though.

--=20
  _______                   Shawn T. Rutledge / KB7PWD  ecloud@bigfoot.com
 (_  | |_)                       http://ecloud.org  kb7pwd@kb7pwd.ampr.org