Digital Signing

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 15:33:15 -0700 (MST)

Shawn Rutledge said:
> If I set
> keyserver x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
> then when I open that message, it takes a while, then I get
> [-- PGP output follows (current time: Wed Sep 25 15:13:30 2002) --]
>                                         gpg: Signature made Sun Sep  1
> 08:31:35 2002 MST using DSA key ID
> F417FFCF
> gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
>                                         gpg: Can't check signature:
> public key not found
>             [-- End of PGP output --]
>

> So I guess at least it's connecting to the MIT keyserver (right?) but
> not  finding Derek's key.  And this search

Correct.  As stated I decided to use keys again after seeing Jim using
them here and talking to Hans about privacy.  I made the key about a month
ago, but havent taken the time to 'register' my public key with any of the
servers.  I was hoping to arrange a key signing party and do it during
that time, but life happened.  I specifically also had to send some
documents to the business affliate that did need to be signed.  I gave
those parties my public key to verify, then never got around to publishing
elsewhere, my bad. :)

-Derek