Are there any *fast* linux web devel tools?

Lynn David Newton plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 13:13:20 -0700

The downside of acquiring some "fast" development tool
to develop a project that has to be done yesterday is
that you still have to factor in rampup time learning
how to use it, plus installation and config time.

I just finished a Web site for someone. Some months ago
I bought Macromedia MX Studio to run on my XP. I
started planning the Web site and quickly found myself
in a bewildering sea of menus and buttons, having no
idea what they would do, although I knew perfectly well
what I wanted to do. So why did I need some behemoth
Windows-based package to help me do it?

So I reverted to my old methods and in the end am
infinitely better off for it. In fact, I even put a
"Created by XEmacs" logo on the "About this Web Site"
personal credit page. And in the end I'm convinced it
was by far the fastest solution.

--
Lynn David Newton
Phoenix, AZ