What's the difference between mod_php4, mod_php, and php?

Mike Starke plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 18:19:50 -0500

 I can not confirm whether COX has port 80 blocked or not,
 but I do know you can run it on port, let's say, 8080 and
 it will work. I also know you can run SSL (port 443) and it
 wasn't blocked for me.

 Me, Ihave an OpenBSD box between my apache and COX's network.
 I just set up a redirect on the bsd and don't have to monkey around
 seting up apache to run on a differant port.

 HTH

 v/r
 Mike

 I just noticed your post about upgrading mod_ssl.  I just tried to get my
 brother to browse my server from afar, but he got nothing. I'm using cox.net
 so perhaps they have a block. Would you make a suggestion how I can connect
 apache to the outside world? If or when I succeed is that ssl worm you posted
 about a real threat to me? Did upgrading openssl/openssl-devel help or should
 I consider something else?