SuSE linux 8.0 & IPMasq

Clayton Stapleton plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 08:25:47 -0700

On Wednesday 04 September 2002 07:34 pm, George Toft wrote:
> The domain entry on comp A probably should be  starnetusa.net.  I got
> this value by running nslookup:
> 	$ nslookup 216.126.136.250
> 	Server:  localhost
> 	Address:  127.0.0.1
>
> 	Name:    ns2.starnetusa.net
> 	Address:  216.126.136.250
>
> This is not that critical.  On bellsouth, I didn't even have a domain
> entry.  On AT&T, I do.  Whatever.
>
> Comp B is another story.  If you have it, and it's wrong, it can cause
> you heartaches (see above).
>
> Once you enter this information on comp B, do this:
> $ nslookup yahoo.com
>
> You should get an answer.  Then use a browser.
>
> Let us know . . .
>
> Thanks, Matt.
>
> George

Hi George
Changed comp A as follows:
clay@loran:~> cat /etc/resolv.conf
domain starnetusa.net
nameserver 216.126.136.250
nameserver 216.126.128.40

Changed comp B as follows:eric:/home/clay # cat /etc/resolv.conf
domain starnetusa.net
nameserver 192.168.0.2
nameserver 216.126.136.250
nameserver 216.126.128.40

nslookup for comp B gave:
eric:/home/clay # nslookup yahoo.com
*** Can't find server name for address 192.168.0.2: No response from server
*** Can't find server name for address 216.126.136.250: No response from
server
*** Can't find server name for address 216.126.128.40: No response from server
*** Default servers are not available

nslookup for comp A gave:
clay@loran:~> nslookup yahoo.com
Server:  ns2.starnetusa.net
Address:  216.126.136.250

Copm B stil will not recognize the ppp0 connection. I cannot ping
216.126.136.250.

TIA
Clay