SuSE linux 8.0 & IPMasq

George Toft plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 04 Sep 2002 22:34:46 -0400

Your domain "clasta" needs fixed.  This is what gets appended to your
name queries when you don't enter a FQDN.  For example, mine is
georgetoft.com, so if I type "ssh router" I get a connection to
router.georgetoft.com (if you find that name does not resolve, it is
because I run two name servers - one for the Internet, one for my LAN).
In your case, you would attempt a connection to router.clasta, which
does not exist (unless you are running your own DNS, which I see you are
not).

On comp B, put in the same nameserver entries as exists on comp A.  When
you set up your own DNS, go back and change these - but that's later.
The domain entry on comp A probably should be  starnetusa.net.  I got
this value by running nslookup:
	$ nslookup 216.126.136.250
	Server:  localhost
	Address:  127.0.0.1

	Name:    ns2.starnetusa.net
	Address:  216.126.136.250

This is not that critical.  On bellsouth, I didn't even have a domain
entry.  On AT&T, I do.  Whatever.

Comp B is another story.  If you have it, and it's wrong, it can cause
you heartaches (see above).

Once you enter this information on comp B, do this:
$ nslookup yahoo.com

You should get an answer.  Then use a browser.

Let us know . . .

Thanks, Matt.

George