Apache Junction Schools a Linux Hotbed?

Shawn Rutledge plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 08:47:35 -0700

This is very cool!

I went to AJHS for a while in the late 80's.  The only student computers on
campus were a few Apple IIe's in a lab.  I took some of the available
computer courses (CS I/II and Fortran I/II, there was also Pascal and Cobol
available but I didn't have time).  There was only one CS teacher, but he
was good.  In late 87 or so they upgraded to Apple IIgs's, in a new lab.
The "network" consisted of LocalTalk connections to the LaserWriter, which
was kindof new and exciting then.  Also some classrooms began to get single
IIgs's for instructional purposes.

Sounds like they've come a long, long way.

Overall I thought the school wasn't bad.  They had everything they needed
infrastructure-wise.  I took welding and woodshop classes too, in
well-equipped shops.  I hear these days such programs don't exist at most
schools, but I don't know if they still exist there.

--
  _______                   Shawn T. Rutledge / KB7PWD  ecloud@bigfoot.com
 (_  | |_)                       http://ecloud.org  kb7pwd@kb7pwd.ampr.org