Cybercafes in Phx...

Dennis Kibbe plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 21:02:46 -0700

On Wednesday 04 September 2002 10:03 am, you wrote:
> Anyone know any good cybercafe's in phx?  Specifically that serve good
> coffee and have wireless access?

I've been after the owner of The Duck & Decanter at 16th St. and Camelback
for some time to put in broadband.

The Duck is a weekend hangout for the yuppie set and serves bag lunches to
the financial district during the week. I feel that they have the space and
the right clientel (laptops and money) to make wireless work.

I've suggested to hans & Bill Lindley that they come down some Sunday
afternoon, met Earl, the owner, and make a proposal about setting up the
system.

Can anyone point to case studies that show that offering broadband can be
profitable?

Dennis Kibbe