care and feeding of debian

Wed, 4 Sep 2002 03:50:02 -0700 (MST)

Am 03. Sep, 2002 schwätzte Derek Neighbors so:

> Good start.  If you put under the GFDL, I will make some modifications
> and put in some alternative formats and publish online with some other
> goodies for Debian I have been working on.

OK, I finally read the GDFL. Somewhat of a morass, but I'm used to the
simplicity of the GPL. It looks fine. I think I'll also have to add some
sections, but we can work that out.

> They have simplified almost all of this in a program called Synaptic.
> Simply apt-get install synaptic.  Then type synaptic to use. :)  It is
> what the Red Carpet Wishes it could be. :)

Haven't looked at it for a while. It doesn't meet my vt100 requirement ;-).
I'll check it out again. It's probably what I want to recommend for the
class.

> > For those debianites on the list, let's figure out how to turn this into a
> > song, then we can chant it at the InstallFests and in the classes ;-).
>
> Me imagines within a few months there will be a techno remix. ;)  Maybe
> they would play it on WOPN?

Maybe they'd sing it on the WOPN...

Can I use the GFDL *and* forbid use in techno remixes? I hope so... :)

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  Like the maid, I don't do (M$)Windows. - der.hans