care and feeding of debian

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
03 Sep 2002 21:57:11 -0700

--=-FBRu6S/NC59+cWv4PBhk

Hans,

On Tue, 2002-09-03 at 21:12, der.hans wrote:

> here's something I wrote up concerning the care and feeding of debian for
> people not versed in 'the way of debian[TM]' :).
>=20
> Please feel free to send me suggestions and critiques, especially if I've
> left out something important, which is quite likely.

Good start.  If you put under the GFDL, I will make some modifications
and put in some alternative formats and publish online with some other
goodies for Debian I have been working on.

> I'm hoping that GUI tools will simplify all this, but in the meantime I w=
ant
> a document I can point people at to get them started.

They have simplified almost all of this in a program called Synaptic.=20
Simply apt-get install synaptic.  Then type synaptic to use. :)  It is
what the Red Carpet Wishes it could be. :)=20

> For those debianites on the list, let's figure out how to turn this into =
> song, then we can chant it at the InstallFests and in the classes ;-).

Me imagines within a few months there will be a techno remix. ;)  Maybe
they would play it on WOPN?

--=20
Derek Neighbors
GNU Enterprise