PLUG website

Derek Neighbors plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
02 Sep 2002 22:46:06 -0700

--=-wRu3xRwFYZUNVxGyDloN

> Knowledgeable people looking for local events can make it through a simpl=
> interface to get to the more in-depth content.
>=20
> Others need a non-scary interface that welcomes them in and points them a=
> introductory info.

I agree here 100%.

> I think the local orientation is the way to go. We should choose a few ot=
her
> places, e.g. the LDP, LinuxNewbie.org, and Linux.com, to point people at.
> I'd prefer content that PLUG members might create be part of the
> international efforts such as those.

I agree 100%.  I would hate to see PLUG try to be 'slashdot' or some
other GNU\Linux news type of source.  At least not as its opening
presentation.  What the site does underneath the initial face I think
should be very flexible and diverse, but upfront presentation should be
very simple and inviting.

> If we use something like PostNuke, it doesn't have to lay on top. We coul=
> have a customized 'intro' that is simpler and more elegant. In fact, I th=
ink
> PostNuke themes should allow for something like that.

Works for me.
--=20
Derek Neighbors
GNU Enterprise