Fry's $199 Linux box..

Rich Woods plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 02 Sep 2002 19:45:50 +0500

Hello Richard

On 02-Sep-02, you wrote:

>RLP> 15" flat display - $250 after rebate - and a 60 GIG HD - $65
>RLP> after
>RLP> rebate - and a Linksys Ethernet card - $0 after $10 rebate. -
>RLP> open
>RLP> today - 9-6 - prices only in effect today.
>RLP
>RLP Just out of curiosity, do you really enjoy filling out, cutting
>RLP out, all the info to send those rebates in to get your name
>RLP posted on a national database to later be hammered with ton's of
>RLP junk mail and email. Then having to deal with getting help to
>RLP install this stuff and deal with any defective returns, Is it
>RLP really worth it? I'm just curious cause of the business I am in.
>RLP

Let's face it - you know your name and info will be sold. Same with
Cox and APS.

However - a $65 60 GIG HD with a $30 rebate - and others - yeah I'll
take it - I'll fill out the forms - they have my name and credit card
info already. Name, rebate form and UPC seal to my PO box .

I already get tons of junk e-mail - 95% of what I get I delete - right
now I'd probably have a credit limit of $250,000 if I responded to all
the "credit" card offers - and spend $500,000 on their "secured" cards
- I'll use my Compass Bank card - damn - how much credit do I need?

Of course what business are you in? If you can suppply me with the
same prices I'll do business with you.

I know there is a catch - but then I'll take the rebate and delete the
junk e-mails.

Hey - we're in a depression - every dollar counts.

Regards
--
Rich Woods
RealPix/RealtyNet

I hope I never get so old I get religious.
-- Ingmar Bergman