Exchange2000 to Linux based

tickticker plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:52:59 -0700

exellent responses,

This client is aware that calendaring and other exchange 'features' will go
bye-bye.  I proposed this as simple pop mail, just send and receive.  there
are about 10-15 domains receiving mail on this server and I don't think that
will be an issue.

As for ldap, I concur that this is the way to go, but that is also because of
other issues (programmability being one important one) They also have an
AS/400 that must stay and they want the as/400 logon to also autocreate the
mailbox.  they have several competent as/400 and php/asp programmers on hand.
I don't need to know how the autocreate function will work, just that it's
relatively easy to implement.  With LDAP that shouldn't be a problem.  I'm
more concerned with saving the email that is in the inbox (I could just have
them all download what is up there and if it's not downloaded, it must not be
important enuff to keep and the bofh in me will have fun deleting a couple
gigs of email), and NOT having to manually add the user accounts from the get
go and automate it after that.  I will investigate the tools mentioned.

Thanks for the help,

anthony