Exchange2000 to Linux based

D Uhlman plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 15:26:06 -0700

Anthony,

Many of the problems come not from email but from other exchange
functionality like shared calendaring, etc. I can say tentatively that
the hardware will work but there are a lot of gotchas. Although they all
cost less than 1690 exchange seats. Stay far away from sendmail, wmail
is good but postfix does the virtual user features a little better with
imap (to cyrus). Do you want to use an ldap authentication backed on the
linux side or something else?

I have a lot of experience in these circumstances, I can talk to you
locally if you like. I am in chandler.

Sincerely,
David Uhlman
CTO 50km Inc.