etiqutte: read this

Ted Gould plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
23 Oct 2002 08:10:35 -0700

--=-AJNwyVJp5hj2NTKKp1Se

> > Please take a deep breath, count to pi and continue the discussion
> > with a clear head.
>=20
> hmmm, having just finished taking a calc mid term I have to wonder,
> can one actually count to pi? It is a transcendental number after all
> like e. Or did you mean count to pi by integer only?

It depends on what base you are using.  Using base 10, it would be
difficult.  But if you just switch over to base pi, then it becomes very
easy.  I once read a paper that asserted that the most efficient way to
express numbers was in base e...  I don't know how that makes the world
a better place, but that's what someone thinks :)

> while I am at it does anyone know of a decent mail client for X?

I like Evolution.  The VFolders thing really kicks ass, I think some
other mail clients have that now.  I don't believe that the only way to
get Evolution is RPM, but Ximian uses mostly Redhat so it is probably
the easiest way.  I believe there is a way with cpio to pull the tgz
file out of an RPM.  I saw that somewhere, it is probably a Google
search to figure out the details.

		Have fun,
			Ted

--=-AJNwyVJp5hj2NTKKp1Se