A problem.

Matt Alexander plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 21 Oct 2002 22:28:54 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Michael Knee wrote:

> I find responses at the bottom of the email annoying, especially if it's a
> reply to a reply to...

But then if you want to follow a thread, you have to read the entire email
backwards, which is rather inconvenient.  Personaly, I use both, depending
on the situation.  A quick and dirty answer to a short question (with a
well-defined subject line) gets put up top because there's usually no more
need for discussion.  More involved answers or situations where lots of
discussion can take place get put at the bottom.  As a general rule of
thumb, I think responding at the bottom is the best choice because it's
the easiest to follow the question and subsequent responses.
~M