KLEZ Virus

Shawn Rutledge plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 16:13:37 -0700

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 03:45:32PM -0700, der.hans wrote:
> If she just needed dead tree format,

Nope; I had it working fine for that by printing to a file from Mozilla,
editing the PS a little to remove header/footer crap and then converting to
PDF.

One reason many headhunters like Word format is so they can delete your
contact info and perhaps do other editing before submitting you.  I don't
know why they can't just import the HTML and do that; last time I tried it
in Word, the import filter was decent; but that seems to be beyond most of
them, even when I've suggested it explicitly.  Rather stupid lot mostly
when it comes to technology.

> look at htmldoc. It just got good
> reviews on the AZPHP list. That might even be a topic in the near future.
> It'll generate PS and PDF on the fly and is supposed to be pretty good.

Yeah that looks like it'd be useful for some things.

How is its pagination?  Can you set page breaks in HTML code, or is it
smart about keeping headings and paragraphs together?  Can you tweak font
sizes so it fits on a page nicely?

--
  _______                   Shawn T. Rutledge / KB7PWD  ecloud@bigfoot.com
 (_  | |_)                       http://ecloud.org  kb7pwd@kb7pwd.ampr.org