KLEZ Virus

Shawn Rutledge plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 15:03:01 -0700

On Fri, Oct 18, 2002 at 02:12:37PM -0700, Phil Mattison wrote:
> offered by Windows. I just bought a copy of RedHat 8.0 to upgrade
> from 7.2, but I suspect I will have to start from the disk partition
> step and repeat the entire install and configuration process, which

That's ridiculous.  Must be one reason why I don't use Redhat.
(Never have so I'm not too familiar with it)

If you try Debian though I'd recommend you go through the extra
hoops to use ReiserFS.  It's not an option in the mainstream distro
yet but well worthwhile, never having to fsck it again.  Hate to think how
much time I used to waste answering all those fscking questions that didn't
make sense, always with the default answer; not to mention ReiserFS is
faster and much more space-efficient with small files.

http://chao.ucsd.edu/debian/boot-floppies/
(those are outdated but after you install the base system you can easily
switch to whichever version of Debian you want)

--
  _______                   Shawn T. Rutledge / KB7PWD  ecloud@bigfoot.com
 (_  | |_)                       http://ecloud.org  kb7pwd@kb7pwd.ampr.org