debian & ldap

Mike Starke plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 00:57:05 -0500

Some of the recent threads have me motivated
to play with ldap again. Prior to woody,
there was a "package" called 'openldapd', however
it appears as if it is changed to 'slapd'. I know
when I installed the package 'openldapd' on my notebook
(old install) I had some tools called ldif2ldbm, etc.
I was able to create a ldif and then create a database
from it. I also seem to recall a another tool 'ldbm2ldif'
that functioned similar to mysqldump. Are these tools
in seperate packages or am I missing something?

I was also wondering if someone could jot down a quick
'ldapsearch for idiots' for me or direct me to a quick
tutorial.

v/r
Mike