System clock.

Kyle Faber plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 08:22:53 -0700

I haven't taken the time to look for a non-Red Hat solution, but I hope this
helps.  I had the same problem, and nothing I could find under X could fix it
for me.  Under 'setup' from command line as root, go to 'TimeZone Config',
there is a box entitled "Hardware clock is set to GMT".  Uncheck that, (or
conversely set your HW clock to GMT if thats what you would prefer) make sure
your HW clock is set to Phoenix time, and then specify the correct time zones
in linux (like you should, no tricks here).  The fact that it is 7 hours off
means that your system believes the HW clock is set to GMT and is adjusting
itself accordingly when you specify another timezone (Phx).  I figure this
functionality is for people who change TZs regularly and need a constant to
work with.  It's just a pain in the ass for us non-jet setter types =)

Kyle Faber
EMR Data Services.
kyle@emr.net