System clock.

Lee Einer plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 08 Oct 2002 17:39:58 -0700

Hi, Lee-

I run Mandrake 8.2, and I had the same problem. I got a variety of
answers as to how to fix- none worked for me. Being essentially a lazy
man, I finally settled for the following:

1)Right-clicked on the system time in KDE and selected the option to
update the time.
2)Set the time 7 hours ahead of Phoenix time.
3) Opened a terminal, logged on as SU, then
4) hwclock --systohc

I now have the correct time displaying. It does not change when I log
off and then back on, as it did in the past. I do have to repeat the
procedure when I reboot, though.

Lee Einer