Question regarding RedHat 8.0

Bill Warner plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
07 Oct 2002 10:31:20 -0700

I really doubt that it will (although I don't know for sure) The linux
kernel doesn't support it without scsi emulation.  It is the only way to
access a cdr with burning capability.  The new kernel 2.5 is suppose to
have support to change a drive to-from scsi emulation mode without a
reboot.

Bill W

On Sun, 2002-10-06 at 18:51, Chris Feltner wrote:
> Does anyone know if this new version of RedHat supports CDR drives
> without SCSI emulation?
>
> Thank you,
> Chris F.

Bill Warner
Unix/Linux Admin.
Direct Alliance Corporation

Company required stuff:

Contents are Direct Alliance Corporation Confidential

This message is for the designated recipient(s) only and contains
Direct Alliance Corporation privileged and confidential information.
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete the original. Any other use of this email is prohibited.
A computer without a Microsoft operating system is like a dog without
bricks tied to its head.