ADSL on a PCI Card

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 07 Oct 2002 00:05:10 -0400

On Sun, 6 Oct 2002 20:29:36 -0700 "J.Francois" <frenchie@magusnet.com> wrote:
> I have been waiting a long time to get rid of
> my stack of DSL
> routers and finally a product has come along to
> help make that happen.
> I don't know how many of you have ADSL but the
> ability
> to have better controls for firewalling and
> traffic in general make this
> card look promising.
>
> http://www.sangoma.com/adsl.htm
>
> NOTE: I have no connection to Sangoma. I just
> think that their
>       products rock for Networking on a budget.
>

> --
> Jean Francois - JLF Sends...This sig is not

Interesting.  So this could be in my firewall box providing the external net
connection and a standard NIC to my internal net.  Nice.

I have a question about this, however.  Generally, as I have shopped around
for DSL, the ISP or line provider will dictate what "DSL modem" you can use.
Some even mandate what modem you have to use.  If I were to use one of these
cards, how do I get my ISP to approve/allow it's use?

Alan "Tired of buying a new DSL modem everytime a switch providers."