Anyone try to compile the new QT?

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 16:20:29 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, Aaron Cordova wrote:

> When I first compiled the QT Gnome2.x was on my system, I had it installed
> but I preffer KDE3 and was trying to upgrade to KDE3.1. The system it failed
> on is an LFS book 4.0.

pretty much what I figured.   In order to get qt3.1 compiled, you have to:

cd /usr/X11R6/lib
mkdir ../old/
mv *Xft* ../old/
ldconfig

finish make/make install

cd /usr/X11R6/old
mv * ../lib/

ldconfig

for some reason, qt finds the Xft libs in /usr/X11R6/lib before /usr/lib.

Well, thats pretty much what I had to do anyway (and most gentoo users who
have gnome2.x and want to try kde3.1 (its really sweet btw)).

David