Live CD

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 12:17:52 -0500

On 19 Nov 2002 09:55:20 -0700 Eric Katherman <vaiod@berloy.com> wrote:
> Anybody know a good resource for making a live
> cd.  I want to create a
> firewall system that once built will boot from
> a CD and run from
> memory.  I would like to use Debian or SuSE.  I
> am aware of the version
> that SuSE has but I don't want to pay for it.

Assuming you don't have some special requirments for your firewall that aren't
covered and assuming that you don't want to do this for a learning
excersize...  Why don't you just use something that is already out there?

Look through this list: http://old.lwn.net/Distributions/  Maybe something
there already does what you need or is close enough for you to start from.

Currently, I have started playing with The GENDIST Toolkit
(http://www.bablokb.de/gendist/).  If I can get the image burned today, I hope
to test the tutorial "do nothing" bootable CD today.

Alan