Logic Circuit/Open Source App

James Mabry plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 18:49:28 -0700

Ted Gould wrote:

>>I guess, what exactly are you trying to do?  I'm no Logicworks fan (oh,
>>the horror stories), but I think that it probably has a niche that isn't
>>currently handled by Open Source tools.  Is this a school project?
>>
>>		--Ted

It's kind of a school project. Mainly I would just like to be able to
have the tools necessary to do what I would normally be able to do with
LogicWorks for learning purposes. I'm not doing anything too fancy. I
just like that I can create a circuit then box that circuit and save it
in a library. Also I like having  the seemingly endless list of other
library functions like binary probes and switches, multiple input gates,
buffers, decoders, multiplexers, and on and on :).

Thanks for the links you all sent my way. Looks like it might be tough
finding a circuit simulator that has everything integrated into it, but
some of these might be interesting :).

--
Slackware Linux -
Find out about the 4S rule.