Logic Circuit/Open Source App

Ted Gould plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
15 Nov 2002 18:00:27 -0700

--=-vHtYiYIp/6E8I8tUqt+n

> Look here for a suite of tools.  I don't know what state of completeness =
they=20
> are in:  http://www.geda.seul.org/

The GEDA stuff is pretty nice.  Some other places to look:

Alliance.  No GUI, but rock solid tools, VHDL stuff in here (haven't
found free VHDL stuff many other places)

http://www-asim.lip6.fr/alliance/

Oregano.  This is a spice front end that is no longer maintained, but I
still like.  If your doing digital stuff, it might not be as useful.

http://oregano.codefactory.se/

GAEL.  The author of Oregano recommends it (Richard Hult of Mr. Project
fame), but I haven't used it personally.

http://gael.sourceforge.net/

I guess, what exactly are you trying to do?  I'm no Logicworks fan (oh,
the horror stories), but I think that it probably has a niche that isn't
currently handled by Open Source tools.  Is this a school project?

		--Ted

--=-vHtYiYIp/6E8I8tUqt+n

--=-vHtYiYIp/6E8I8tUqt+n--