RH 8.0 woes

Lynn David Newton plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 22:02:54 -0700

  Vaughn> I tend to agree with this philosophy. I
  Vaughn> upgraded my notebook from RH 7.1 to 7.3, and
  Vaughn> it was pretty hosed. I wiped the partition
  Vaughn> and did it as a new install (I'd ghosted the
  Vaughn> original) and it worked much better.

That approach strikes me as being much like buying a
new house and moving into it rather than facing spring
cleaning every year.

Whenever I build a system from scratch it takes me a
good week of my life to get all the stuff I use
installed and configured and working the way I want. It
was fun when computers were an obsessive hobby. Today I
can no longer afford to disable and play with my
computer for days at a time. It's like my automobile.
It's gotta work well, and it's gotta work now.

--
Lynn David Newton
Phoenix, AZ