cox dhcp to ip masquerade

Digital Wokan plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 11:29:55 -0500

Agreed,
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_dynaddr

The second echo would be useful if Cox likes to mess around with your IP
a lot.  (Not likely, but our fellow phone modem users out there might
read this and need it for their setups.)

Also, for the 2.4.x kernel using IPTables...
iptables -A POSTROUTING -t nat -s 192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0 -o eth0 -j
MASQUERADE