some netserver ls/lh/plus/pro boxen

technomage plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 18:04:28 -0700

On Monday 11 November 2002 01:37 pm, you wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Nov 2002 13:20:22 -0700 technomage <technomage-hawke@cox.net>
>
> wrote:
> > I don't know if this made it to the list the
> > first time (what is up with the
> > listserver anyway?), so I am going to send this
> > again....
>
> I have not seen any issues lately.
oh really?
thats funny. I sent the original message in this thread 48 hours ago and it
appeared last night. the other responses in this thread took anywhere from 4
to 24 hours to appear. thats a big issue....
However, thats neither here nor there and a bit OT.

> Is there some way to physically mount an HD in the case without using
> trays? I am not saying we can't look around, I am just looking for a
> work-around if the trays are hard to come by.
There may be. I haven't explored that option as yet. the cases are rather
straightforward in their design... I think the bays can be retrofitted.
otherwise, it shouldn't be difficult to find trays to fit.

> Alan

one other note, every box I have tried doesn't seem to want to work with
either of the 2 9 gig cheetas I have here. they work just fine with 4gb
scsi/sc-23a interface drives, but not with anything larger than that. could
it be an interface incompatibility issue?

just thought I'd ask

Technomage

numbered!
My life is my own - No. 6