Handhelds and Linux

Mon, 11 Nov 2002 11:09:08 -0700 (MST)

Am 11. Nov, 2002 schw=E4tzte James Shaker so:

> Does anyone on this list have any personal experience using linux on any
> of the current handhelds (e.g. Ipaq, Palm, etc...)?  If so, I would
> appreciate any input you could give me on making a choice for a
> handheld.  Currently I am leaning towards the Ipaq 3955.

Familiar doesn't yet work on the 39xx iPAQ. It's supposed to be good on the
38xx at this point. When I was using it 36xx and 37xx it rocked. Plan on
getting the foldout keyboard if you want to do much on it. I also recommend
the extention cable for the keyboard, so you can lay the iPAQ on it's side
and have a vt100-like display.

I have a dual-pcmcia sleeve. It's great. The extra battery power is pretty
important.

iPAQ, wireless LAN and ssh rocks :).

I prefer the iPAQ over the Zaurus, but I've only used the Zaurus a little
bit.

ciao,

der.hans
--=20
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  ... make it clear I support "Free Software" and not "Open Source",
#  and don't imply I agree that there is such a thing as a
#  "Linux operating system". - rms