A+ Prep - was Potential PLUG Presentation?

Sun, 3 Nov 2002 14:13:17 -0700 (MST)

Am 03. Nov, 2002 schwätzte Bart Garst so:

> It is hardware, but it's also Windows.
> This certification is intended to prove that the holder is qualified to do
> help desk diagnostics as well as build desktop systems. It also covers

Help desk diagnostics? Do you mean trouble-shoot the hardware? Basic desktop
support? Both? "Help desk," to me, implies remote support, so hardware repair
is implicitly difficult :). That might just be a limitation of my exposure.

> printers, but just barely. The only networking it covers is setting up a NIC
> and cables.
>
> They intended for this cert to go along with their Net+ certification. The
> two together are suppose to prove the holders are capable for entry level
> network administrator duties. The Net+ test covers other operating Systems
> (I think, I took the prep class but not the test).

Are these both m$ certs?

Network administration is routers, switches, and other networking equipment,
not desktop or server operating systems. Granted, GNU/Linux makes a viable
router :), but network administration would be the admin of the routing
portion of the system, not the the SMTP daemon.

So, what do you mean by network administration? Is that some specific aspect
of system administration?

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/    http://www.TOLISGroup.com/
#  Keine Ahnung, was ich dir sagen soll,