error mounting cdrom - 'invalid block device'

Alpha Zenon Sanchez plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Wed, 29 May 2002 07:28:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Linux Users:

I purchased a Trio Hard Drive Switch that enables me
to choose a HD to boot from.  I have Windows NT
Workstation on one HD and Linux Redhat 7.2 on another.
 They seem to boot fine.  I can use MY CD rom, Zip 100
internal disk and floppy fine in Windows NT.

However, when I boot to Linux Redhat, and try to mount
the CD-ROM, I get a error mounting the CD ROM
-'invalid block device'.  I can successfully mount my
floppy and zip drive though. When I use the Hardware
Browser in the K-Desktop, it 'sees' the CD-ROM. I try
to mount the CD ROM using the 'shortcut' on the
desktop as well as throught bash.

My zip drive is slave to my CD ROM.  My CD Rom is set
to 'Master' and is connected to the secondary IDE
interface on the Motherboard.

Any suggestions for this Linux newbie? :-)

=====
Thanks,
Alpha Zenon Sanchez