Installing RH 7.2 on a PowerEdge 2550

plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 28 May 2002 16:20:04 -0400

Carl,

Don't forget the basics.  You mentioned that it is "right out of the box."  Even Dell can mess up a computer before they put it in the box or it can aquire problems in shipment.

Open it up.  Are all the boards in the slots?  Cables connected?  Cables connected correctly?  Power connections attached?  With SCSI you must worry about ID's and termination, check them too.

Eliminate the basics before you pursue the complex.  If I had a dollar for every hour I have spent debugging equipment that worked way better after I plugged it in...

Alan