Installfest questions....

Matt Alexander plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Mon, 27 May 2002 00:23:47 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 27 May 2002, der.hans wrote:

> * list of what software/functionality we want to make sure we install

OpenOffice, Gimp, AIM, KMail/Evolution, Konqueror/Mozilla would all be
instantly useful.

> * list of potential presentations

We really need a lot of ongoing presentations on the basics of using their
new system: Logging in, logging out, moving around, saving and opening
files, listening to MP3 files, web browsing, printing, etc.  If we just
setup their box and push them out the door, it's quite likely they'll
return to Windows very quickly.

> We also need commitments from a few people to be there. We don't want Bill
> to have to try to do 500 installs by himself :).

I'll be there all day to help out.
~M