whitepaper request

technomage plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Sun, 26 May 2002 23:07:52 -0700

this is something that a senior cox engineer brought to my attention.
we need to commission or present a white paper on the viability of linux
within the cox.net system.

Reason is this: they are running some windows servers and the techs are
starting to look at alternatives.
if we can convert cox.net to 100% linux (or as close to that as possible), it
will free up some time spent troubleshooting server problems and let the
techs actually work on real problems for a change.

We would need to have a focus for the paper (as seen from a suit's point of
"how easy is it to setup?").

Personally, I feel we need as much data as possible to support a premise for
getting cox.net switched over. I've already run across a few UNIX heads in
the tech support staff and 1 or 2 linux users that run at home. if management
and the stockholders can be convinced, well.....

just a few thoughts.

Technomage

numbered!
My life is my own - No. 6