Installfest questions....

Sun, 26 May 2002 15:11:16 -0700 (MST)

Am 25. May, 2002 schwätzte KevinO so:

> This implies that we should have each person bring in their modem cables
> nad the phone number, username, password, etc. of their ISP so we can help
> set all of that up.
>
> Modem init strings can be a troublesome.

Exactly. We definitely want people to bring in modem setups.

As long as their in the metro Phoenix calling area the setup from SCC will
work from their home as 10 digit calling works everywhere, even within an
area code.

> We need to post some minimum hardware requirements to try to minimize the
> amount of incompatible hardware that is brought. Perhaps a link to the linux
> hardware compatibilty lists are in order.

We need to make sure we have info about winmodems available for people to
look at prior to the InstallFest. Should we ask that people register? I'd
rather just do a 'hold it and they will come' type of event, but that leaves
a lot of open ends.

I think I have some spare modems that I could bring such that we can show
people things work even if their particular modem doesn't work. 56k external
modems are pretty cheap, right?

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  A Polish friend of mine got an offer for a free account from AOL. The