archs at InstallFest?

Victor Odhner plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Tue, 21 May 2002 09:43:08 -0700

Info is on the web site.  Here's the announcement for
archival purposes, but see http://plug.phoenix.az.us/

Bill Lindley has been the sparkplug for this event, and
drafted the announcement below (I tweaked it a little):
  William Lindley <wlindley@wlindley.com>

----- announcement -----

Don't Miss our InstallFest, Saturday June 22

Bring your computer and take home a running Linux system!
See more details in the calendar below.

. . .

Scottsdale: Saturday, June 22nd, 2002
 The Phoenix Linux Users Group is pleased to announce an
 InstallFest on June 22nd at the Scottsdale Community College.

 You are invited to come see, and learn about Linux and the
 GNU System which are free software alternatives -- and if
 you wish, take home a Linux system installed and working on
 your own machine. This is at no charge, of course.

Free and open to all.
 We will help you install Linux on your computer, on the
 spot! Bring your computer, monitor, keyboard, and mouse,
 and cables.

Your questions answered:

 What is Linux? What is GNU? What is Free Software?
 How can I and my business benefit from free software?
 Which distribution should I use?

Drawing for free prizes
 Software will be given away, as well as information on
 free software alternatives

Vic