Mozilla upgrade woes.

Eric Richardson plug-discuss@lists.plug.phoenix.az.us
Fri, 17 May 2002 08:41:07 -0700

Carl Parrish wrote:

 > First of all you want to use RC2. There are some security updates
 > that you're going to want to have. Next make sure that you still
 > have your profile information. by default it should be
 > ~/.mozilla/auniqueIDhere/ inside of this directory you will find
 > things like prefs.js which is were all your profile info is stored.
 >  back it up then try your install again. You can always point
 > mozilla to the backup copy.

Hi Carl,
Okay, I thought what I had was rc2. I have the following in .mozilla.
ls ~/.mozilla/
appreg  maxwell  mozver.dat  registry

My "auniqueIDhere" is maxwell? Or something other than username?

Are you saying I would need to do a Manual merge of my preferences etc.?
Or is the part in the release notes about the multiuser script needed?
I install as root and then use Mozilla as a standard user.

I wish they could at least take care os us users so upgrade is not a
hassle. Going from Netscape to Mozilla was a major hassle as I had to
hand edit the ldif file and others and rename files export/import etc.

Any other pointers appreciated.
Eric